Ronah Arinanye Tugume
Senior Human Resource Officer
Ronah Arinanye Tugume is the Senior Human Resource Officer at Uganda Technology And Management University.
Ronah holds an Executive Masters in Business Administration (Human Resource Management and Development) of Uganda Technology and Management University (UTAMU), a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management of Uganda Management Institute (UMI), a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies of Kyambogo University and a Diploma in Business Administration of Institute of Teachers Education Kyambogo.
Ronah is a thorough person who works hard and pays attention to detail. She is flexible, quick to pick up new skills and eager to learn from others. She has lots of ideas and a zeal to work. She is good at working in fast-paced environments demanding strong organizational, supervisory, team building, technical and interpersonal skills. She is highly trustworthy, ethical and discreet; committed to superior customer service. Confident and composed in interactions with individuals at all levels. Ronah is detail-oriented, resourceful in completing tasks and able to multi-task effectively.
For details see Ronah Arinanye Tugume CV (27.62 kB)
The Human Resources Unit assists the Director Finance and Administration in performance of the following duties;
- Develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of staff within the University. The aim is to ensure that the University employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to staff to enhance their performance and achieve the University’s mission and vision.
- Be involved in a range of activities required by the University that include coordination of the development and review of HR policies, working practices; recruitment, promotion and termination of services; staff performance appraisals; staff welfare and administration; terms and conditions of service; HR strategy and planning; negotiation with external work-related agencies such as National Social Security Fund (NSSF); and equality and diversity.
- Provide an efficient and effective recruitment, appointment and promotion service to the University;
- Ensure that key objectives, relating to the recruitment, appointment and promotion service are achieved;
- Coordination and manage of all recruitments, appointments, contract renewals, promotions and terminations of staff in the University including fulltime staff, part-time/adjunct staff, graduate fellows and interns;
- Coordination and manage periodic staff performance appraisals in the University;
- Coordination and manage annual leave, maternity leave, study leave, sick leave, unpaid leave, and sabbatical leave among others in the University; and
- Develop and periodic review of the functional structure (including job descriptions) of the University.