The PC Technician course covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software and advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an IT professional. It is designed for students who want to pursue careers in ICT and students who want to gain practical knowledge of how a computer works.
The curriculum includes hands-on labs that provide practical experience. Virtual tools help you enhance your troubleshooting skills and practice what you learn.
- Select the appropriate computer components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
- Explain how to correctly use tools and safely work in a lab.
- Install components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
- Explain how to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on personal computers.
- Install Windows operation systems.
- Perform management and maintenance of Windows operating systems.
- Configure devices to connect to the Internet and Cloud services.
- Explain how to use, configure, and manage laptops and mobile devices.
- Explain how to configure, secure and troubleshoot mobile, OS X, and Linux operating systems.
- Install and share a printer to meet requirements.
- Implement basic host, data, and network security.
- Troubleshoot advanced hardware and software problems.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the IT professional.
- IT/Technical support
- Field service technician
- Help desk technician
- Network support technician