Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) Business School has been educating students and creating business leaders since its inception.
Our students gain a comprehensive business education through experiential learning and international opportunities. Professional development is woven throughout our curriculum, addressing both student needs and employer demand.
The UTAMU Business school faculty produces innovative research published in industry-leading journals. National media feature their expertise about business trends and insights. Many of our faculty have earned prominent awards for their research and teaching excellence and their commitment to student success.
To be a global educational institution in Management, Science, Technology and Innovation
To provide global quality Education, Research and Innovation critical to economic and human development
- Academic Staff
- Student Research
|Postgraduate Diploma Programmes||Duration (Years)||Tuition fees per semester|
|1||PGD In Public Procurement||1||1,400,000|
|2||PGD in Financial Management||1||1,400,000|
|3||PGD in Oil Governance and Management||1||1,500,000|
|4||PGD in Project Planning and Management||1||1,500,000|
|5||PGD in Human Resource Management and Development||1||1,400,000|
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes||Duration (Years)||Tuition per Semester (UGX)|
|Bachelor of Arts in Economics||3||1,100,000|
|Bachelor of Science in Economics||3||1,150,000|
|Bachelor of Science in Statistics||3||1,150,000|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||3||1,100,000|
|Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management||3||1,100,000|
|Bachelor of Human Resource Management||3||1,100,000|
|Bachelor of Arts in Development Economics||3||1,100,000|
|Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Economics||3||1,150,000|
|Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance||3||1,150,000|
Department of Business Administration and Management
The department is focused on preparing a qualified student in the field of business administration, which is capable of keeping abreast of the development of administrative sciences, contributing to raising the overall quality of institutions and projects, and developing the highly qualified human resources required for the needs of the African market, institutions and projects. The department works on finding suitable and qualified capabilities to meet the social and the economic development needs of the labor market requirements. That is achieved through a comprehensive plan of information on organizational behavior, human resource management, management training, commercial law, quantitative methods, information systems and technology, production management and planning and control. This plan is well designed to contribute successfully to the objectives of the department. In addition, the department prepares graduates who are able to extrapolate periodic reports, and examine the trends of improvement in performance, indicators and elements, and take the appropriate decision and responsibility, in addition to follow the path of sound thinking, and the correct scientific methodology in addressing the issues and problems.
- Goal 1: To offer quality-oriented academic program in Management discipline
- objective 1.1: To offer academic programs that leads to the award of bachelors in business administration, procurement and supply chain, oil and gas management degree.
- objective 1.2: To offer a masters’ program that leads to the award of an MBA and executive MBA degree.
- Goal 2: To deliver courses contents through effective and innovative teaching methods.
- objective 2.1: Encourage faculty members to prepare and deliver course materials with the use of effective and innovative methods
- objective 2.2: Encourage faculty members to incorporate and use technology in teaching and learning
- Goal 3: To develop the scholarship of faculty members through active research and publication
- objective 3.1: To support faculty members to attend and participate in conferences, seminars, workshops and other development activities
- objective 3.2: To support faculty members to conduct scientific studies and research in the field of management for the advancement of this area.
- objective 3.3: To encourage faculty members to share their research outputs with the students and peers on a regular basis.
- Goal 4: Build Partnerships with business Communities and professional organizations / bodies
- objective 4.1: To serve the Saudi community through the provision of professional training programs to practitioners and others
- objective 4.2: To provide consultancy / advisory services to organizations in the public and private sectors, and for profit and non- profit organizations as needed
- objective 4.3: To link students directly with the labor market by focusing on practical applications in the area of specialization; and initiate opportunities for practical training in which the managerial skills and knowledge could be applied.