Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) Graduate School is headed by Assoc. Prof. Michael Okoche. The School has two Departments; Department of Graduate Education and the Department of Research Management.
Department of Graduate EducationThis department oversees the implementation of the following:
- Graduate Education policies and procedures,
- Conducts university-wide capacity building programmes for academic staff in graduate teaching and supervision,
- Conduct university-wide training for students on concept paper and proposal writing and on how to undertake graduate research leading to theses / dissertations.
- The department also coordinates graduate academic programmes development and review with the host schools.
- The department also coordinates other activities and issues related to graduate education in the University That the
Department of Research ManagementThis department is responsible for the following:
- Oversees the implementation of Research and Innovation policies and procedures,
- Conducts university-wide capacity building programmes for academic staff including research staff in undertaking research, writing winning research proposals, research grant management, innovation management and publishing among others.
- The department should also conducts university-wide training for graduate students on publishing papers out of their dissertations.
- It is also be responsible for Intellectual Property Management and commercialization of research outputs and innovations within the University among others.